The Ministry Training Institute (M.T.I.) exists to equip those in the local church to do the work of ministry. Through MTI, we want to offer church-based theological education that is gospel-saturated, theologically rich, practical, and studied in community. Our hope is for participants to grow in an understanding and appreciation of the gospel, gain practical insights for ministry, and to develop as leaders.
Who is it for?
- Equipping in the Word- anyone who wants to grow in an understanding of the Bible, theology, and the gospel would benefit from any of the Institute’s offerings.
- Leadership development- anyone who is leading or desires to lead will benefit from the Institute
- Ministry Training- anyone who wants to be equipped for the work of ministry or mission (vocational or not) is encouraged to participate in the Institute Courses and Cohorts.
The Ministry Training Institute will serve its purposes through three outlets:
1. Classes- these will be offered throughout the year centering around different books of the Bible, topics, or spiritual disciplines. Some will be gender specific and may also have childcare provided. There is no outside preparation needed. You simply show up to learn and discuss.
2. Cohorts- cohorts will be offered and created to equip in specific ministry areas (Pastoral training, Elder training, Missions training). Each cohort will build upon certain topics related to the cohort theme and require monthly assignments (5-10 hours of approximate monthly work) to be completed. Cohorts will meet for 3 hours monthly for a teaching time and discussion. Duration of a cohort is 9 months. Cost $150 (Scholarships available)
3. Courses- Course will require self study as well as collaborative learning times throughout the course. Each course will have its own syllabus and schedule it follows. Duration for a course is approximately 10-12 weeks. Cost $80 (Scholarships available)